What To Expect
Upon your arrival at The Orthodontic Spot, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office!
Dr. Aaron Lundner will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment himself. Dr. Lundner will also ask what your concerns are, not only what he personally sees in his professional judgment.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- Any questions you may have
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth. Depending on the situation and your preferences, these may be traditional molds or a digital scan with a 3D camera.
- Panoramic and cephalogram x-rays.
- Pictures of your teeth and facial profile. Dr. Lundner wants you to have an amazing smile that fits with the best attributes of your face. Straight teeth alone are not enough!
- These records allow the Doctor to confirm your treatment plan. In some situations that are more complex or involve multiple potential treatment options, Dr. Lundner will study the diagnostic records to determine the best course of treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. We will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget, and accept most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable!
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic/diagnostic records, as explained above.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge a replacement fee.
- One set of retainers are provided upon completion of treatment.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If the teeth and/or bite significantly change (due to unusual growth, an accident, or dental work that was not part of the original plan), or if there is a significant lack of cooperation from the patient resulting in a significant increase in treatment time, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.